East Region Award Categories:
October 2022-September 2023 Awards:
The TRAPS East Region is pleased to recognize and honor individuals and organizations that have rendered significant services to the Society and have made outstanding contributions to the field of parks and recreation. Please be sure to read the Regional Award Nomination Checklist before you begin. The 2023 submission form process will open from May 1 – October 23.
Completed entry form(s), photos and support material must be submitted electronically via the online form. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation that your submission was received. All entries must be submitted by October 23, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.. The links will automatically close at that time. No paper entries will be accepted. If you have any questions or issues with the forms, please email our East Region Director, Jed Aplaca.
The following requirements apply to all nominations unless specifically stated otherwise on the nomination form.
- A written narrative including award criteria listed in the individual nomination forms. Limit 3 pages.
- Letter(s) of support, if necessary. (upload file option included in forms)
- Each member city is allowed to enter only one award submission per category. One (1) to three (3) pictures, can be electronically uploaded with each submission (pictures are NOT included in the page limit).
- Photography Awards – Each member city is allowed to enter one photo per category and must be uploaded via the Photography Award form.
Please enter each submission along with any supporting documents/pictures via the online form.
Submission deadline: October 23, 2023 at 11:59p.m.
*Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Presentation of awards will take place at the Annual TRAPS East Region Winter Social . The Awards Committee will make every effort to respond to each award submission notifying the email sender that the nomination was received. If you do not receive a response, please call the Committee Chair to verify your submission was received and is being considered.
- Advocate of the Year:
- MD Anderson-Be Well Baytown – Baytown Parks and Recreation
- Innovation in Park and Facility Development:
- Mac Multi Golf Course – Missouri City Parks and Recreation
- Innovative Program Award:
- Hewitt’s Heroes – League City Parks and Recreation
- Lone Star Programming Award:
- Lazy River 5K – The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation
- Maintenance Award:
- Four-Legged Mowers – Missouri City Parks and Recreation
- Park Professional of the Year:
- Minh Kotlarz – Baytown Parks and Recreation
- Part-Time Employee of the Year:
- Vanessa Garza – League City Parks and Recreation
- Promotional Award: Down The Pike:
- For The City – Missouri City Parks and Recreation
- Recreation Professional of the Year:
- Tara Dahl-Campbell – League City Parks and Recreation
- Rookie of the Year:
- Hugo Pena – Conroe Parks and Recreation
- Young Professional of the Year:
- Sarah McClure – Conroe Parks and Recreation
- Director of the Year:
- No Submissions (No award needed)